The Royal Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Foundation Trust runs the Royal Orthopaedic Hospital, which is one of the largest orthopaedic units in Europe, offering planned orthopaedic surgery, which is delivered by specialist teams, including surgeons, nurses, anaesthetists, physiotherapists, radiologists, pathologists, occupational therapists and all the other clinical professionals who look after patients with bone and joint disorders.
The non-clinical staff pride themselves on their friendly and professional approach to our patients and the Management Team prides itself on the efficient running of the organisation.
The Royal Orthopaedic Hospital is the oldest orthopaedic institution in the UK. It was originally established in 1817 and was granted the title “The Royal Orthopaedic Hospital” by Queen Victoria in 1888. Its present site was donated in 1909 by George and Elizabeth Cadbury.